I even surprised myself with this one! Chickpeas in truffles……who would’ve thought that would work!
I love making these and then telling people that they are chocolate truffles made with chickpeas, their faces are hilarious. You can not tell.
This recipe is packed with the goodness of protein, antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids and fibre, to just name a few. It contains no refined sugar and is a must-try for dark chocolate lovers!
The fact that they are made using only a food processor makes it even better – less washing up!!!!
Test your friends and family with this one – I bet you they will never guess what’s inside…..
- 6 medjool dates
- 250g/ 1 can drained/washed chickpeas
- 40g desiccated coconut
- 25g ground almonds
- 20g linseeds/flax seeds
- 20g cacao
- 8g 99% cacao Lindt chocolate
- 2tsp / 5g acai
- 4tbsp melted coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix together until a smooth paste forms.
- Roll into balls (around 1 tsp of mix per ball), or press into a lined tin to cut into squares after chilling. Either store in the fridge, or I can recommend freezing them & enjoying frozen truffle balls. Take them out of the freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes before enjoying!
- If you like you can also roll them in cacao powder before chilling.