I love making soup and have never stuck to a recipe, I think it is one of those things that when you have the understanding of what thickens it (lentils/potatoes) and roughly what amount of stock you need (generally enough to cover the veg, plus a bit more) and the fact that you always start with frying an onion & garlic….then you can make whatever soup you like!
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 5 celery sticks, washed and chopped
- 50g split red lentils
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 600ml vegetable stock
Serves 3, or 2 adults and 2 children as we did
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little butter or virgin coconut oil until soft
- Add the remaining vegetables and lightly cook until softening, now add the stock and lentils and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow the sounp to stand for 5 minutes then puree it to a smooth consistency using a hand blender.
- Enjoy immediately, or (when cool) store it in the fridge/freezer for a quick meal another day.