This is always a winning quick meal in our house! It is very easy to make and tastes delicious. A great side note is that garlic contains cardioprotective compounds (allicin) which help keep your arteries clear from fatty build up. Please note, it doesn’t un-do a bad diet though, so reducing your saturated fat intake if you have high cholesterol will still be beneficial.
- 6 chicken strips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp runny oney
- Himalaya salt
- 1 courgette (Zucchini)
- 2 carrots
- 1 small fennel bulb
- Fry the onion & garlic on the coconut oil until soft. Add the chicken & honey.
- Turn up the heat! You need to lose all the moisture to caramelise the honey but while taking care not to burn the chicken. It should take about 15-20 mins to finish the chicken.
- Meanwhile grate & steam the vegetables.
- Roast almond flakes in a dry frying pan, again taking care not to burn them!
- Place the chicken on the plate, then the veg and sprinkle with almonds.