You can’t really go wrong with chilli, garlic and ginger! The combinations of ingredients gives you some fantastic health benefits, from the heart-protective garlic, the medium-chain-triglyceride energy from the coconut oil plus manganese from the pine nuts (essential for bone production, skin integrity nad prottection from free radicals).
These chicken strips are simple to make, light and versatile – you could serve them as an appetizer or as part of a main meal. I served them with natural yogurt and desiccated coconut as a dip.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 red chillis (seeds removed if you don’t want it too hot)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3g root ginger
- 20g pine nuts
- 1tbsp/7g melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 10g fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 175C with fan.
- Place all ingredients, except the chicken, together in a small food processor and blitz together to make a rough paste. It doesn’t have to be completely smooth as the texture adds to the dish.
- Cut your chicken breasts into long strips and place into a bowl with the chilli paste. Mix well – get your hands in the bowl and make sure it’s all covered!
- On a lined baking tray, arrange the chicken so they aren’t overlapping. Bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of your strips) until golden.