This lightly spiced and perfectly moist slice is ideal for a snack (adults and children!)
This is pretty much an “all-in” mix, so it is very fast to throw together.
- 100g mixed, dried berries/sultanas
- 80ml melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp runny honey (use maple syrup if it is for babies under 12 months)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 small Apple, chopped (90g)
- 140g ground almonds/hazelnuts
- 10g coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Flaked almonds to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a brownie tin (17 x 26cm) with greaseproof paper.
- Soak the dried fruit in the coconut oil for an hour if you can, but this isn’t essential.
- Add all remaining wet ingredients to the berries/oil & mix well.
- Now, in a separate bowl, combine all remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the mix into the brownie tin, evenly spread it out & then sprinkle the top with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- When cooked. Turn it out onto a cooling rack to cool before cutting into slices.