Rhubarb and strawberries are just meant to go together. This overnight oats recipe was a huge hit in our house. They taste fantastic warm as well as cold the next day after baking. The tartness of the rhubarb is so nicely off-set by the sweet strawberries.
I made this with almond milk, but it also works just as well with a dairy milk for the extra calcium boost.
This can also be made with gluten free oats for those who suffer with coeliac disease.
- 200g rhubarb
- 200g strawberries
- 75ml water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g oats
- 250ml milk
- Drizzle of honey for the topping
- Chop the rhubarb & strawberries and simmer in a pan with the water, vanilla and honey. Cook gently for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add all ingredients to the pan and mix well.
- Place in an ovenproof dish & leave overnight to soak.
- In the morning top with strawberries and the drizzle of honey and bake at 200C for 25 minutes