I kept seeing “proats” on other people’s instagram pages and I am ashamed to say it took me until now to figure out what they were!! Yummy, amazing, protein rich, baked oats! There are many different way to make these, I just chose a fruity version, however if you wanted a naughty but nice breakfast you could also make them with a tablespoon of cacao powder.
I made these for my husband as a snack to take to work (cold), but you can also enjoy them warm – one for a day when you have time to preheat an oven in the morning……
- 12 small apricots, stewed
- 1 small banana, mashed
- A handful of blueberries
- 100g oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp linseeds / flax seeds
- 1 large scoop (30g) vanilla whey protein powder
Makes 3 very generous portions, or 4 smaller ones
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Either enjoy straight away as a warm snack/breakfast, or save it for later!
You can keep this for a few days in a covered container in the fridge.