Baked oats is such a great breakfast option. It differs from porridge in that you get a lovely crunchy top, plus you don’t have to stand there stirring it!
I used pears for this recipe, however I have another recipe for strawberry nad rhubarb oats which is also delicious.
You can choose to make these recipes either with regular dairy milk, or a non-dairy alternative, both options work.
The most important thing to mention is how amazing this tastes the next day as a cold dessert/snack option!!!! It is well worth making a good sized batch of this so you can enjoy the leftovers….
- 4 pears, peeled & chopped into large chunks
- 80g sultanas
- 6g finely grated root ginger
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp milled chia seeds
- 250g oats
- 500ml milk (both nut milk or cows milk work)
1. Stew the pear chunks in 100ml water until soft but still retaining their shape.
2. While still on a low heat add the maple syrup, sultanas & ginger – mix well. Set aside to cool then add the chia seeds to absorb some of the remaining liquid & stir gently.
3. When the pear mix has cooled, place half of the oats (125g) in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Top with the pear mix and spread out evenly. Then add the remaining 125g oats to the top to cover the pears.
4. Cover with the milk & leave overnight to soak (refrigerated if you use dairy milk).
5. In the morning, preheat the oven to 200C & bake for 25 minutes. The top should be crispy when done. Leave to cool for 5 minutes then serve. Also tastes great after being cooked & refrigerated.