This can be enjoyed as a side dish or as a main meal. Couscous is so easy and fast to make, it is a great addition to your weekly meal planning.
We had this as part of a BBQ and it complemented both meat and vegetarian dishes very nicely.
- 150g couscous, dried
- 240ml boiling water
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 10 walnut halves, chopped
- 1/2 handful of flaked almonds
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 apricot, chopped
- 1/4 mango, chopped into small cubes
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- 10g sunflower seeds
- Handful of sprouted beans/peas
- Handful blueberries
- 1/2 tsp rose salt (made by adding crushed, dried rose petals to salt)
Makes enough to serve 4 adults as a side dish, or 2 adults as a main dish.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and add the salt and water. Stir well then cover with a plate to allow it to steam cook.
- Prepare all remaining fruits by peeling/chopping and place in a separate bowl. Add the nuts/seeds, mint and avocado chunks and gently mix.
- After 3-4 minutes give the couscous a stir and leave for a further 2 minutes without the plate ontop.
- When the couscous has cooled a little then mix in the remaining ingredients, gently stir until combined and then serve.