This creation came about after my 2yr olds added a VERY ripe mango to our shopping trolley without me noticing.
Anyway they did me a favour because these are delicious!!
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/2 ripe mango (50g), mashed
- 45g dried berries – I used cranberries/sultanas
- 20g desiccated coconut
- The beans from 1/2 vanilla pod
- 2 beaten eggs
- 20ml melted coconut oil
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 25g coconut flour
Makes 10 muffins or 16 (5x4cm) slices.
- Preheat oven to 170C (no hotter as the smoke point of Virgin coconut oil is around 177C)
- Combine the ingredients in the order they are written in the ingredients list. So start by adding the bananas then end with the coconut flour.
- Mix until well combined
- Place either in muffin cases or in a lined brownie tin (sprinkle the top with more desiccated coconut if you like) and bake for 30 minutes for muffins, or 45 minutes for a tray bake.
- When they are golden and firm to touch allow to completely cool, especially if you have made the tray bake, before slicing it.
- This keeps best if stored in an air-tight container in the fridge and will last a good 5-7 days. You could also freeze it if you like.