Yesterday I was a vendor at a corporate health show. To make my nutrition table look nice I bought A LOT of fruit to hand out to people. My error was that on my way to the location I totally squished the peaches I bought (I wouldn’t get a job as a grocery packer) and so I had a bag full of damaged peaches – enter this recipe!!!
I prepared it in about 10 minutes with the help of my faithful friend the food processor. It didn’t last 24 hours in our house!
I made an instant, clean eating, dairy free banana ice cream to go with it – I will post a separate recipe for this later – it is a MUST TRY!!!!
- 7 peaches (de-stoned and cut into chunks)
- 1 large vanilla pod (split lengthways)
- 75ml water
- 80g cashew nuts
- 50g hazelnuts
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 25g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Place the chopped peaches, vanilla pod and water into a pan and stew the fruit on a medium heat for 15 minutes until soft.
- Remove the vanilla pod and scrape out any remaining seeds into the fruit mix, throw away the pod.
- Place all remaining ingredients into a food processor and blitz until it starts to stick together a little, it is okay if it is still a little chunky.
- Place the fruit into an ovenproof dish and top with the crumble mix.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- This should keep well in the ffridge for a day or two, if it last that long!