These look great and make tofu taste nice!
I know a lot of people who turn their noses up at tofu, even if they have never eaten it before. Then there are also people who avoid tofu because it is a soy product and feel that soy is bad for our health (due to its ability to mimic femaile hormones, amonsgt other things). I have read up on this topic and as with most nutrition topics, the evidence is cloudy. As long as the tofu comes from non-GM soy crops and is consumed only on occasion, as part of a balanced protein intake, then there should be no problem.
The ingredients for the 4 powder dips:
- Sunflower seed and turmeric powder: 2 tbsp seeds and ½ tsp turmeric (blend)
- 2 tbsp Mixed nuts (blend)
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 200g tofu
- 50g greek yogurt
- Coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Make the 4 powdered dips as above and place in small dishes. Also place the yogurt in a separate bowl.
- Chop the tofu into uniform cubes.
- Hold the tofu on 2 sides, between your finger and thumb. Dip one side into the yogurt, then one of the powders. Carefully rotate the cube, still keeping in in the same fingers and repeat with the yogurt and a different dip. Do this so 4 faces are covered (there will be 2 blank faces where you have been holding it), place onto a lined baking sheet. Repeat this so all tofu cubes are coated in the powders.
- Before putting into the oven, drizzle with a little bit of melted coconut oil.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with pink grapefruit segments.